- Neem leaves contain anti-diabetic properties and is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Neem increases the sensitivity of body cells to insulin.
- Elderly diabetic people suffer from poor circulation. Poor blood circulation in diabetes may lead to gangrene. Neem helps to improve blood circulation by reducing blood sugar level. Improved blood circulation prevents incidences of heart attack and stroke.
- Researches have shown that neem reduces insulin dependency by 30 to 50%.
- Neem detoxifies liver and expels toxins. This rejuvenates liver and helps in control of blood cholesterol.
- Elderly diabetics suffer from dryness and itching of skin. Ayurveda acharyas praise the effectiveness of this herb in addressing skin problems. It helps to reduce itching and dryness of skin in diabetes.