- Reduces joint pain It has anti-inflammatory properties and has been successfully used in adjuvant therapy for arthritis. It reduces inflammation of joints and eases movements.
- Boosts general well being and keeps the immunity up: Generally, ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and strengthens it. It increases body energy level. Convalescent patients gain more energy and can spring back to normal routine quicker when this herb’s preparations are used after illness. The immediate relapse of disease is prevented on use of Ashwagandha. This supports HIV patients by strengthening their immune system.
- Improves Digestion– Ashwagandha increases appetite. It normalizes digestion and bowel movements.
- Slows down ageing process – Ashwagandha slows down ageing process when used as rasayana (rejuvenating preparation).
- In hypertension or high BP – It reduces hypertension and also acts as diuretic.