Polycystic ovary syndrome (referred to as PCOS) is a common health disorder in relation to a hormonal imbalance in women and usually occurs at their reproductive age. It is in the form of male hormone known as high levels of androgens or testosterone (BUY MOOLIKA TRIBULUS POWER PACK TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE) in the body. Many researchers and studies have linked PCOS with excess insulin because high levels of insulin are also found in the victims of this condition and this excess insulin usually makes the ovaries to produce higher male hormone in their bodies.
Another issue that has been traced to women with PCOS is low-grade inflammation, an issue that plays an important role in insulin resistance. The real cause(s) of polycystic ovary syndrome is/are yet to be discovered; however, genetics has been thought a critical factor, as the condition appears to run in the family lines.
Based on the individual, PCOS can cause issues such as irregular or prolonged menstrual cycle, ovaries cysts, weight gain, body hair growth, problems getting pregnant ( Female infertility) , and much more. Though there is no permanent cure for this disorder; however, if it is earlier diagnosis and confirmed, it can be adequately controlled. There are available natural remedies, lifestyle changes, and medications that can be of help to control its symptoms and minimize its complications. The symptoms and these natural remedies will be discussed in this article. But before we discuss that, let’s quickly know more about polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) (Read Benefits of turmeric in PCOD or PCOS).
What is PCOS?
PCOS is a well-known hormonal problem that affects women at their reproductive age. PCOS affects 12 – 18% of women during their reproductive age, and in some high-risk groups like indigenous women, it affects about 21% of them. The word “polycystic” indicates that your ovaries might have multiple cysts, but this is not general to all PCOS patients. The symptoms are not the same for all the affected women, which make it a complex disorder to identify. There are various symptoms associated with PCOS, and it depends on the individual.
Symptoms of PCOS
Signs and symptoms of PCOS are different from women to women. It may be mild in some women, while severe in some others. However, many of these symptoms are provoked by a high level of male hormones called androgens or testosterone which circulate in the body leading to hyperandrogenism. All women usually produce normal amounts of androgens in their tissues such as the adrenal glands and ovaries. If the levels of androgens are high in the body, they can affect the menstrual cycle and prevent ovulation from taking place. If there is no ovulation, pregnancy will be difficult.
The symptoms of PCOS become apparent in women’s late teens or early twenties varied in the individual. Below are the common symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS):
- Infrequent or no period at all
- Irregular or no ovulation which leads to difficulty in conceiving
- Unusual weight gain ( Click here for TRIMFIT- An ayurvedic remedy for weight loss)
- Excessive hair growth on the chest, face, buttocks or back. This is called “hirsutism.”
- Hair loss or thinning hair on the head ( Use ayurvedic remedy for hair loss- KESHPRIDE hair oil)
- Acne or oily skin
- Increased anxiety and depression
Natural Remedies for PCOS
Some fruits and herbs have been studied and researched to help treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Discussed below are the top natural home remedies for PCOS base on studies and researchers’ claims:
- Flaxseed: This fruit contains lignans that are responsible for sex hormone-binding globulin production that ties up testosterone in the blood to hinder it from causing a problem in the body. This has been found helpful in decreasing the levels of androgens in the body. Flaxseed is found to be high in fiber; helps impede lower cholesterol levels and glucose metabolism. The seeds also contain essential omega-3 fatty acids that help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and lessen the development of chronic diseases such as heart disease. Daily consumption of a mixture of 1 or 2 teaspoons of powdered flaxseeds and a glass of water for a few months is a good remedy for PCOS.
- Cinnamon: Different researchers have shown that cinnamon (Read Health Benefits of Cinnamon Tea) supplementation with food is capable of improving menstrual cyclicity in PCOS patients. Studies have also shown that cinnamon herb can reduce insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Take one or two teaspoons of ground cinnamon daily to fight insulin resistance. However, it is recommended to consult your doctor before taking this remedy as it is capable of lowering your blood sugar levels.
- Saw palmetto: This herb is a good anti-androgen that helps prevent the activity of 5-alpha-reductase and lowers the testosterone conversion into a more useful form known as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Hence, helps hinder the growth of excessive hair known as hirsutism in women with PCOS and as well helps trim hair-grow back. Naturopaths also suggest saw palmetto helps checkmate hormonal imbalance to treat PCOS. One tablespoon of liquid extract of saw palmetto per day can perform the wonder.
- Spearmint tea: This herb is also equipped with anti-androgenic properties to serve as a remedy to PCOS. A published Phytotherapy Research journal found that daily drinking of spearmint tea can lower excess body hair or hirsutism by minimizing free and total levels of testosterone, increasing follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels. A tablespoon of dried leaves of spearmint simmer in a cup of boiled water for 10 minutes and drinking the mixture twice in a day for some weeks can help women with PCOS disorder.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is another herb that can treat PCOS symptoms by controlling blood sugar and prevent your body from producing excess insulin. Not only this, apple cider vinegar helps shed excess weight gain; thereby enhances the overall health of the body. Daily consumption of a mixture of 2 teaspoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a cup of water before a meal in the morning will help conditions and symptoms of PCOS.
- Fish oil: Due to its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids which have been studied to improve PCOS symptoms by help balancing high levels of androgen, fish oil has been found helpful to women with PCOS. Not only androgen levels regulation, fish oil or fatty fish also help reduce inflammation, fight chronic diseases, and reduce body fat that leads to overweight. However, care must be taken in the dosage of fish oil supplement. Consult your physician on your body system dosage.
- Fenugreek: This seed herb has been found helpful in the treatment and prevention of the symptoms of PCOS. It helps in weight loss, lower cholesterol, and enhances healthy heart by aiding body glucose metabolism and improves insulin resistance. Incorporating fenugreek leaves and seeds in your diet daily or soak 2 or 3 teaspoons of ground fenugreek seed in water for about 6 – 8 hours; take a teaspoon of the mixture with honey on an empty stomach in the morning and before dinner is a good remedy for PCOS.
- Ayurvedic remedy for PCOD or PCOS: Moolika Ayurveda provides an excellent ayurvedic remedy for PCOS or PCOD. The combination of UTONORM Capsules and PCORID Capsules effectively control the condition. These improve fertility of women and improve the uterus health. These capsules normalize the menstrual cycle and also help to improve the sensitivity of cells to insulin. Doctors have successfully tried these capsules in their clinical practice.
PCOS symptoms are evident in women living with it. If you feel or suspect any traces of PCOS symptoms, it is recommended you see your doctor before embarking on any form of treatment on your own. You may be referred to a gynecologist or hormone specialist for thorough diagnosis to confirm your condition. However, the above discussed symptoms and remedies have been put together to help you in any form of PCOS symptoms. Use them wisely, adjust your lifestyle, and abstain from any food or acts that may aggravate your conditions. It is highly recommended!
BUY MOOLIKA AYURVEDA PRODUCTS ONLINE