Lodhra is a medium sized tree found all over India. This herb belongs to Symplocaceae family. The leaves are 3-5 inch in length and the flowers which are pale yellow in colour, grow in clusters. The fruits are purple in colour and contain 2-3 seeds inside. This tree has thick brown coloured bark.
Texts of Ayurveda explain the medicinal properties of Lodhra as follows
Based on the principles of Ayurveda Lodhra has bitter and astringent tastes. It is light to digest and absorbs the moistness from tissue. It has cold potency and normalises Kapha and Pitta. The bark, flowers and seeds are used for medicinal purpose.
Ayurveda acharyas recommend this herb to treat disorders of female reproductive system, skin diseases and diseases of eyes.
How Lodhra is helpful in treatment of PCOS
PCOS are main cause of female infertility. In this condition ovaries fail to produce healthy eggs in periodic intervals. This condition leads to irregular menstrual bleeding, obesity, acne and infertility. Herbs like Ashoka, Lodhra etc help in PCOS. Let us know how Lodhra is helpful in treatment of PCOS. Hence these herbs are used as main ingredient in PCORID CAPSULES AN AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PCOS or PCOD
- This herbs helps to reduce irregular uterine bleeding which happens in PCOS.
- Its use helps in weight reduction (Check our ayurvedic weight loss treatment combo)and boosts the sensitivity of cells to insulin.
- It boosts the health of endometrium and prevents repeated abortions.
- Extract of Lodhra significantly stimulates FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) along with rise in serum levels of LH (leutinizing hormone) hence improves ovarian functions.
- It boosts immunity of female reproductive system and prevents concurrent microbial infections.
- Its regular use prevents formation of acne which is a common symptom of PCOS
Use of Lodhra in diseases of skin
Ayurveda acharyas recommend use of Lodhra in skin conditions like Acne, pimples, eczema, Psoriasis ( view ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis).
- They recommend use of decoction of lodhra bark in acne and pimple. Boil bark or powder of lodhra in water. Discard the bark and use the filtered decoction to wash face. Its astringent ant anti-microbial properties help to reduce eruption and infection of acne.
- Ayurvedic physicians recommend dusting of Lodhra powder in eczema and psoriasis. Massage warm castor oil on dry itching psoriatic patches and dust lodhra bark powder on affected parts. This helps to relieve symptoms of psoriasis and dry eczema.
Other medicinal uses of Lodhra:
- The decoction prepared from the bark is given in divided dose of 50-60 ml to treat diarrhoea and bleeding piles. The decoction constricts the smaller blood vessels and controls bleeding.
- The paste of the bark of Symplocos Racemosa is applied over the area affected with localized swelling and wound as treatment.
- The paste of the bark of the plant is applied over the eyelids to treat conjunctivitis.
- The paste of the bark is applied to treat itching, rashes and insect bite cases.
- In cases of discharge from ears, the powder of the bark is sprinkled or blown inside the ear to control the condition.
BUY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PCOS
Have Some queries about health? Ask through our FREE CONSULTATION FORM. We will get back to you within 3 working days