Fresh coconut milk, made at home, is the storehouse of nutrients and it balances vata dosha. It is the best home remedy for dry hair, hair loss and dry skin.
Nutrition Value and Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a treasure house of nutrients. It contains protein, vitamins, minerals and fats. It benefits hair in many ways. This milk is usually used in hair packs to harvest its benefits.
According to Becki Andrus
* Coconut milk is rich in nutrients such as vitamins, calcium, chloride, minerals and potassium.
* Although full of saturated fats the saturated fats found in this milk are made up of medium and short-chain fatty acids that are quickly and efficiently turned into energy by your body. This means that despite being high in saturated fat this milk can actually help you to lose weight.
* It contains a saturated fat called lauric acid, the same saturated fat found in mother’s milk. Lauric acid promotes bone health and brain development
* Because of its anti-viral properties, some hope that coconut milk will someday be used to fight AIDS.
* Because it is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-carcinogenic it can boost the immune system and help you to fight off illnesses like colds and the flue.
* Drinking this kind of milk can relieve stomach ulcers and sore throats.
* It is dairy free and people who are lactose intolerant can use this as an alternative to diary milk.
* The nutrients found in it will assist to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, skin cancer, heart diseases and stroke.
Coconut Milk and Ayurveda
According to principles of Ayurveda imbalanced Vata dosha causes dry skin, dry hair and hair loss. This can be treated with fresh coconut milk.
How to extract coconut milk to use for dry skin and dry hair
Take one cup of freshly grated coconut. Add 1/4 cup of water and blend it in a mixer. Squeeze the blend mixture to extract coconut milk. Once again add little water to squeezed coconut gratings and blend again. Extract the coconut milk. Now coconut milk is ready to be used on dry hair or dry skin. Here are few home remedies for hair growth, damaged hair and receding hair line.
Home Remedies With Coconut Milk For Dry Hair and Hair Growth.
When coconut milk is massaged on scalp and applied on hair, it nourishes the hairs by providing natural moisture and whole lots of nutrients. Take fresh homemade coconut milk and apply it on scalp and hair. Massage the scalp well. Leave it for 30 minutes later wash it off using suitable shampoo or reeta or shikakai. Nourishing coconut milk boosts the health of hair follicles and repair the damaged hair strands. This pack is particularly beneficial for restoring dry, damaged, weakened and brittle hair as well as split ends.
Coconut milk can be mixed with other ayurvedic hair friendly herbs to rejuvenate hair follicles and hair strands. Mix around 15 ml of amla juice to 1 cup of coconut milk. Massage this herbal mixture on scalp. Allow this to work on your scalp for 2 hours. This prevents hair loss, balding and receding hair line. Later wash it off with plain water and mild shampoo.
Coconut milk acts as a healthy detangler. Apply some coconut milk on hair strands, after a hair style session, before combing. After 20 minutes wash it off with a mild shampoo. This method repairs the damage caused due hair sprays, gels and curl iron.
Take ½ cup of coconut milk and add little shampoo to it. Apply it as conditioner .rinse it after 3 minutes. It acts as a good nourishing conditioner. It won’t make your hair sticky.
If you do not have enough time for above mentioned home remedies, use Moolika Ayurveda’s KESHPRIDE ANTIDANDRUFF HAIRGROWTH HAIR OIL. It nourishes the hair roots and follicles, conditions the hair strands and protects the scalp from dandruff. It initiates the healthy hair growth
Coconut Milk for Dry Skin
Soak 4 to 5 almonds overnight. Ground this into a paste and add 5 tea spoons of coconut milk. Massage this all over body including face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Mix 5 tea spoons coconut milk with 2 tea spoons of coconut oil. Massage this mix all over body. Just wash it with warm water and do not use any soap.