Ayurveda recommends beeswax for dry skin and psoriasis. It is usually processed with other ayurvedic oils and herbs to make beeswax cream.
Beeswax Benefits and Healing Properties – Ayurveda View
Texts of ayurveda explain health benefits of beeswax as follows
Beeswax is also known as “Madhuchista” (the spit of bees) in Sanskrit. It is soft to touch and improves moistness of skin. It accelerates wound healing and helps to heal fractures. It wins over all skin ailments. It is very useful in skin diseases like psoriasis, dry skin, eczema, herpes etc.
Whats is Beeswax ?
This wax is an amazing natural substance that can be used in many ways to improve our health. Beeswax is used in preparations of ayurvedic ointments and creams. Beeswax is the natural wax made by honey bees in the hive. When secreted the wax is a transparent colorless liquid. When it comes into contact with air, it turns into a semi-solid substance.Beeswax is also known as Cera alba and Cera flava.
Benefits of Beeswax on Psoriasis and Dry Skin:
- It relieves itching.
- It locks the moistness of skin and reduces dryness.
- It is used as an ingredient for external application in psoriasis and dry skin.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce pain.
- It soothes the skin
- It imparts softness to dry and chapped skin.
- It has anti-bacterial property.
- Beeswax contains Vitamin A.
- This wax encourages quick wound healing.
- It acts as an anti-oxidants and removes pollutants from skin surface.
Uses of Beeswax in health and cosmetic industry:
- It is used in manufacture of cosmetics like moisturisers, creams and lip balms since it acts as a thickening agent, emulsifier, and humectant.
- Beeswax is used in manufacture of ayurvedic ointments and creams.
- It does not harm body when pure bee wax is ingested.
Lotion Bar Recipe for Psoriasis
Lotion bars are ideal external applications for psoriasis. You can carry these in your bag and use it as and when required. Here is the recipe to make lotion bars for psoriasis.
100 ml coconut oil
100 ml cocoa butter
100 gms beeswax
Vitamin E capsule – 1
Essential oil of your choice
Combine coconut oil, cocoa butter and beeswax in a glass bowl. Place this bowl in boiling water. (water should not enter the bowl). Stir this mix continuously. When all three ingredients are completely melted and mixed, turn off flame. Allow this to cool a little. When this mix is around 35 degree Celsius (luke warm) add 10 drops of essential oil. Cut open the vitamin E capsule and add it to this. Stir all ingredients carefully and transfer to small silicon moulds. Allow it to solidify. Store in an air tight container and use as and when required.
What else can be added to this ?
You can add 10 drops of neem oil to enhance medicinal properties. Neem oil helps to prevent infections.
We recommend tea tree essential oil when you are using this bar for psoriasis. This is best home remedy for psoriasis.
If your skin is too dry mix 50 gms of castor oil and 50 grams of coconut oil together to prepare psoriasis lotion bars with beeswax .
Why we have used Beeswax in PSORIBAN CREAM FOR PSORIASIS AND DRY SKIN.
Doctors at MOOLIKA AYURVEDA with their vast clinical experience recommended to use beeswax in PSORIBAN CREAM since this wax reduces inflammation of skin and soothes inflamed skin. It relieves itching and also softens the dry skin. Beeswax in Psoriban cream along with other skin friendly herbs like
- Karanja (Pongamia Pinnata),
- Durva (Cynodon Dactylon),
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica),
- Eranda Taila (castor Oil)
locks the moisture content of skin and prevents drying. Its wound healing properties help to repair the open cracked surfaces of skin. The anti-bacterial property of beeswax help to prevent secondary infection of psoriatic patches and dry skin.
Click here to Know about Psoriasis Remedy Kit