Texts of ayurveda recommend various home remedies, treatments for hair fall or hair loss and its healthy regrowth. These treatments include herbs which are praised as “Keshya” or hair friendly herbs.
Almost all systems of medicine offer solutions to hair loss. This article explains how to prevent hair loss or hair fall through ayurveda and ayurvedic remedies
What Ayurveda says about Hair fall and regrowth ?
Hair Loss is a very common problem of teenagers, men and women. Almost all systems of medicine offer solutions to hair loss.This article explains how to prevent hair loss or hair fall through ayurveda and ayurvedic remedies
Ayurvedic solution to hair loss is very effective. When this condition is treated at early stages, hair fall can be completely stopped.
Based on principles of Ayurveda hair is by product of Bone or asthi dhatu. This means the nutrients required by bone are same as those required by hair. The tissues responsible for formation of bone are responsible for generation and growth of hair. Hair fall or hair loss occurs when there is vitiation of pitta dosha. The foods and lifestyles which vitiate pitta should be cut off and pitta balancing food and activities should be included in daily routine.
Pitta dosha gets vitiated by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Pitta is also aggravated by eating too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
Hair loss can be controlled with modification of diet, lifestyle, use of herbs, practice of yoga and meditation.
Ayurvedic Diet to prevent hair fall:
- Avoid increased intake of salty (lavana rasa), sour (amla rasa) , spicy (katu rasa), deep fried and oily foods.
- Strictly say no to junk foods and fast foods. These cause obesity and obesity and hair loss are strongly linked.
- Take sweets and ice creams in minimum quantity.
- Drink fresh juices of vegetables and fruits. Include carrots, lettuce, spinach, alfalfa for juicing
- Chew a tea spoon of white sesame seeds in morning. This supplies plenty of minerals and vitamins required for healthy hair growth. But in some it may trigger migraine head ache.
- Use yogurt or curd in your daily diet. This pacifies pitta and supplies plenty of calcium needed for strong and healthy hair.
- Add a dish made from green leafy vegetable to your plate. Green leafy vegetables supply abundant nutrients which help to prevent hair fall and increase hair growth.
- Sprouts, yeast, buttermilk, nuts, milk, soy beans and whole grains fulfil the need of protein. The texture of hair depends on protein.
- Drink plenty of water. Water flushes out the toxin and detoxifies body and scalp skin. This initiates good hair growth and prevents hair loss.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle to prevent hair loss
- Exercise regularly. An aerobic exercise like brisk walking, free hand exercises, jogging etc ensure fresh supply of oxygen to body. Exercises help to cut the vicious link between obesity and hair loss.
- Quit smoking. Smokers always experience hair loss
- Avoid alcohol intake as alcohol is enemy of healthy hair.
- Reduce intake of coffee and tea.
Yoga and Meditation for hair regrowth:
Yoga and meditation are best stress busters. Stress and hair loss are strongly connected. Stress increases hair loss. Yogasanas like pranayama , shirsasana etc help in hair growth. Yoga and meditation keep mind calm and reduce stress level
Ayurvedic Herbs for Strong and Healthy Hair:
Herbs like Brahmi, neem, amla and bhringaraja help in hair growth. These can be taken internally or used in form of oil externally. The powder of brahmi mixed with curd act as an excellent ayurvedic natural hair pack which arrests hair fall. Neem an anti dandruff herb with its antibacterial properties helps to prevent dandruff and stop hair loss. Amla when taken internally supply plenty of Vitamin C and when applied externally brings shine to hair and acts as a conditioner. Bhringaraja which is also known as king of hair friendly herb, promotes hair growth and effectively stops and reverses balding and premature greying. It helps to calm the mind promoting sound sleep.
The anti-dandruff ayurvedic herbal hair oil KESHPRIDE OIL contains all these herbs processed with pure coconut oil. It helps to prevent hair fall, boosts hair health, increases healthy hair growth, slows down premature greying and prevents formation of dandruff. It brings shine to hair and increases volume.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/