Botanical name : Elettaria Cardamomum
Family : Zinziberaceae
Anatomy of plant : It’s a shrub with lots of leaves. The plant of cardamom is a perennial herb containing reed like structure. It is 3-4 meters in height and three to four years old plant bears fruits.
Sanskrit names: Triputa , Draavidi , Sookshma ela
Ayurvedic Pharmacology: Cardamom is laghu (light to digest ) and rooksha (reduces moistness of tissues). Madhura and Katu rasa( tastes little hot and little sweet) . Sheetha Veerya (cold potency) .
Health benefits of cardamom
– It pacifies all three doshas.
– When chewed reduces nausea and vomiting sensation.
– Its powder helps in indigestion.
– Best remedy for mouth odor.
– Helps to reduce cholesterol and is a heart healthy spice
– Seeds when chewed slowly help to relieve cough and cold.
– Increases urine out put.
– Helps in weight loss. Since it normalises digestion, mitigates kapha, increases urine output and helps to reduce cholesterol, it acts as a potent fat burner. It has been used in NILOBESE ayurvedic weight Loss Tea as an important ingredient.
-Enhances flavor of sweets
– Cardamom tea helps in weight loss.
BUY BEST AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR WEIGHT LOSS