Neem and its oil are highly recommended in ayurvedic texts for diabetes, psoriasis, dandruff and acne. Leaves, bark, neem oil, can be used in these conditions. Neem capsules are also effective in these ailments.
Ayurvedic Properties of Neem
This herb is bitter and pungent to taste (tikta rasa and katu rasa) . Neem has cold potency (sheeta veerya) and acts as body coolant. It increases metabolism or agni and light to digest (laghu). This herb pacifies pitta dosha and kapha dosha. In excess dose may imbalance vata dosha.
Ayurvedic Health Benefits of Neem
Neem is a very well known house hold herb in India. Its antimicrobial properties are well known. Ayurveda acharyas praise this plant as “Pichumarda” as it is very beneficial in skin ailments. Various researches have thrown light on medicinal properties of neem. These medicinal properties are exhibited by virtue of different chemical compounds that are present in this plant. Azadirachtin , salannin, gedunin, azadirone, nimbin, nimbidine, nimbicidine, nimbinol, etc are important liminoids of neem.
Neem for Psoriasis
In psoriasis it reduces itching, irritation, roughness of skin and heals the psoriatic patches. In same way it heals eczema too. In dry psoriasis this herb has to be processed with sesame oil , coconut oil or castor oil and applied on skin. Or neem oil can be mixed with these oils and little bit of beeswax to be applied on psoriatic patches. Tender neem leaves are very good blood cleansers. They balance pitta and help to recover from psoriasis. In non availability of neem leaves neem capsules can be used.
Neem for Acne
It acts as antimicrobial and accelerates wound healing process. It prevents formation of pus and cleanses the wound. Face pack of fresh neem leaves paste help to reduce acne and shrink pores. But leaves have to be washed thoroughly before use as contaminated leaves may exaggerate acne and pimple.
Fresh neem juice diluted with water is the best skin detoxifier. A tea spoon of honey in this neem juice will make a rejuvenating cleansing elixir for liver and blood.
For Body Skin
The fresh juice of neem leaves when applied all over body , reduces irritation and itching. When consumed internally it helps in numerous skin diseases. It reduces infection and inflammation of acne. (Click here for Skinglow Capsules ) Neem helps to maintain the health of scalp skin and prevents dandruff. (Click here for healthy scalp combo)
Neem for Dandruff
Applying hair pack of neem, fenugreek and yogurt help to reduce dandruff and improve hair growth. This natural ayurvedic hair pack for dandruff and hair loss is devoid of chemicals and can be made easily at home. Along with this consuming neem capsules also help to boost health of scalp skin and useful in preventing dandruff.
Reduces blood sugar level in diabetes
Patients, who suffer from diabetes, are benefited by this herb. It helps to keep the blood sugar level under control. Chewing 10-15 fresh leaves of neem, aids in good blood sugar control. (read Ayurvedic Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes) . Instead of leaves neem capsules can be used for diabetes.
Neem is known for its liver detoxifying properties. Fresh neem juice is administered with equal quantity of honey in empty stomach in conditions like viral hepatitis or jaundice.
Blood purifier –
Neem when consumed, purifies blood and helps to reduce acne and pimple. It is the best herb for skin detox.
In Fever :
Consumption of neem is very beneficial In fevers which do not respond to routine treatment. Consult your family physician before opting for this.
7 Neem Ayurvedic Remedies for Dandruff- Easy and Effective
Scientific studies have proved that neem has very good anti-microbial properties. This property helps to prevent formation of dandruff as dandruff is caused due to a microbe Malassezia globosa. Here are few home remedies using neem , which effectively help to control dandruff.
- Pluck fresh juicy neem leaves. Grind them with little water. Apply this paste on scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash this off with plain water. Regular use of this remedy helps to keep the scalp clean and clear.
- Boil 10-15 neem leaves in a mug of water. Squeeze these leaves to extract the juice into water. Add this neem dicoction to bathing water. Washing scalp and hair in this water helps to keep the scalp healthy and devoid of microbes.
- Mix 8-10 dried neem leaves and 3 tea spoons of fenugreek seeds. Soak them overnight. Grind these to form a paste and leave it for a while. The thickness of mixture increases. Add little water to make it easy to spread. Apply this on scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Add 10 ml of neem oil to 40 ml of pure coconut oil. Mix them well. Warm this little and massage the scalp. Wash this off with mild shampoo after 60 minutes. Repeat this once in three days.
- Chew 4-5 fresh tender neem leaves and tulsi leaves in empty stomach. This detoxifies liver and boost immunity of scalp skin. Thus the scalp skin resists the growth dandruff causing microbes.
- Apply KESHPRIDE ANTI DANDRUFF HAIR OIL which contains antidandruff herbs like neem, amla, brahmi etc. Regular application of this oil prevents formations of dandruff, arrests hair loss, slows down greying and increases hair growth.
- Consult an ayurvedic doctor regarding consumption of Moolika SKINGLOW Capsules which help to boost immunity of scalp skin. This capsule contains neem, tulsi, Turmeric and vidanga. Texts of Ayurveda Praise these herbs as “kushtaghna” (herbs which are very effective in skin ailments).