Nausea has always been one of the most worrisome problems affecting many people. People have tried many means such as medications to treat this ailment but not completely cured. However, ginger has been discovered to be the solution not only to nausea but an effective antidote to many other health issues.
Ginger which has botanical name “Zingiber officinale” is referred to as the most dietary spice widely used in the whole nations. It belongs to the same family as cardamom and turmeric. The health benefits of ginger are numerous ranging from treatment of nausea, diabetes, pains, and much more.
Ginger is a rhizomes plant with underground stem, forming roots downward with its stem and leaves sprout on top of the plant. The Indian have been using ginger tonics and herbs to cure numerous diseases, and it is still serving the healing function till now. However, after thorough research, it was observed that ginger contains a special and essential nutrient called gingerol. Most of the therapeutic benefits of ginger come from this gingerols. Gingerol is the oily resin extracted from the ginger root, and it acts as an anti-inflammation and antioxidant agent to offer many health benefits. These benefits will be discussed in this content.
Key Health Benefits of Ginger
Texts of Ayurveda describe the health benefits of ginger as follows
Ginger pacifies kapha and vata. It is hot in potency and easy to digest.
The essential nutritional value of ginger is gingerol, and this nutrient has given rise to its numerous medicinal benefits. Highlighted below are the health benefits:
- For nausea and indigestion: Ginger is a natural remedy for severe nausea as well as help treat simple tummy ache. This has been helpful to pregnant women as ginger is for all. Texts of Ayurveda recommend chewing a bit of ginger along with little rock salt before meals, helps in easy digestion and better absorption. Research made by Taiwanese found out that ginger aids stomach in releasing its normal fluid into the small intestines in dyspepsia patients. This single property makes ginger a good remedy for the people who are constipated, bloated and have other gastrointestinal problems.
- Boosts immunity and respiratory function: The combination of eucalyptus oil and ginger oil has been studied to help immunity system and improve breathing. Ayurvedic medicine has lauded ginger for its ability to enhance the immune system. It is thought to warm the body efficiently in a view to breaking down toxins accumulation in the organs as well as purify the body’s sewage known as a lymphatic system to help respiratory system function optimally.
- Remedy for stroke and heart disease: Regular consumption of ginger in addition to other essential super foods is an excellent remedy for the treatment of stroke and heart disease. Ginger, as well as onions and garlic, are equipped with an anti-blood-clotting property to help keep stroke and heart disease at bay.
- For diabetes: Gingerols in ginger has been proven to boost insulin sensitivity to improve diabetes treatment naturally. A study has discovered that ginger could also help subdue the accumulation of sorbitol in human blood cells as well as sugar-fed rats that are responsible for diabetes. It also helps diabetic complications such as diabetic retinopathy and other related conditions. (Read Ayurvedic Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes)
- Improves Sperm Count and motility : Ginger is eulogized as Vrushya by Ayurvedic Acharyas. Vrushya means it improves the sexual function, increases the fertility in men by improving sperm count and sperm motility. ( Click here for Increase Sperm Count and Motility AYURVEDIC REMEDY COMBO ) . Ginger is also used in Vajikarana Therapy to improve erectile dysfunction
- For female infertility: Ginger improves blood circulations and warms up the body. It reduces stomach cramps during menstruation and improves uterus health. Studies have shown that ginger helps to shrink the fibroids. Hence this herb is added in UTONORM CAPSULES the best ayurvedic supplement for female infertility.
- Weight Loss: Ginger also helps to lose weight. Since it is hot in potency it boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss. When taken along with lemon and honey it reduces abdomen fat. (Click here for Trimfit Ayurvedic weight loss remedy Combo)
- Malabsorption: Ginger helps in free digestion of food. A proper nutrient absorption during digestion from the mouth to colon is the pillar of a healthy body. Improper digestion has been attributed to issues such as obstruction, improper nutrient assimilation known as malabsorption which is very dangerous to our health. Ginger promotes proper food digestion and metabolism which help our immune system.
- Reduces cholesterol: Regular use of ginger has been researched to lead to significant reduction in cholesterol. Ginger extract has also been found to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- For arthritis pain: Ginger extract is equipped with essential nutrient to cause reduction and minimize knee pain on standing, after walking and osteoarthritis composite index. Based on the different studies, ginger is recommended for the treatment of arthritis.
- For brain health: Ginger contains compounds such as 6-shogaol and 10-gingerol to offer protective effects for the health of the brain. The 6-Shogaol compounds prevent the release of essential chemicals that usually damage neurons in vivo and vitro models. The second compound, 10-gingerol enhances the production of essential nitric oxide and brain chemicals which aid swelling and redness in the brain.
- Remedy for muscle aches: Ginger has been studied to help alleviate muscle aches in female athletes. It has been shown that regular use of ginger for the duration of six weeks help minimize muscle soreness.
- For bacterial infections: Researchers from the different part of the world have studied ginger to be effective in boosting immune function especially to help treat bacterial infections like streptococcus pyrogens and Staphylococcus with the combination of conventional antibiotics. Ginger oil has also been found helpful in preventing contamination of such diseases from the patients especially when visiting them in hospital.
- For the treatment of cancer: The 6-gingerol in ginger inhibits the growth of colorectal cancer cells according to a scientist from the University of Minnesota. Many series of research was carried out on ovarian cancer, and it was discovered that ginger cures ovarian cancer cells significantly more than medication.
- For fungal infections: Ginger puts every symptom of fungal infections at bay compared to the way conventional medicine does. It has been found useful in preventing and killing the fungus. Regular consumption of the mixture of essential ginger oil with coconut oil and tea tree oil in the correct proportion helps kill fungus effectively.
- For stomach ulcer: Some Indian scientists have shown that ginger is an effective medicinal that can help treat stomach ulcer.
Ginger is blessed with many medicinal properties with robust flavor to taste. You can take ginger in many forms you like either as a spice in recipes or juice or tea or herb concoction. Whichever way, it offers its health benefits without limitation. The health benefits of ginger cannot be mentioned in just one content as they are numerous and many are yet to be discovered. Incorporate ginger in your diet and start to enjoy its numerous benefits today.
BUY MOOLIKA AYURVEDA PRODUCTS ONLINE