Black cardamom is known as Badi ilaichi or kali ilaichi in hindi. Its health benefits and uses are innumerable. Ayurveda recommends this spice for bad breath, obesity, cough, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting etc
Black Cardamom or Badi ilaichi in ayurveda
Black cardamom is known as “Brihadela“ in Sanskrit. Its botanical name is ‘Amomum Subulatum‘. It is known as Kali Ilaichi or badi ilaichi in India and used as spice. It also has other names like Bengal cardamom, greater cardamom, Indian cardamom, Nepal cardamom, winged cardamom and brown cardamom. This spice grows in Nepal, Bengal region, Sikkim and Assam.
Based on principles of Ayurveda this spice is light to digest (laghu) and absorbs moisture (rooksha). It also dries up fat deposits. It is bitter (tikta rasa) and spicy (katu rasa) to taste. Ayurveda acharyas say it has hot potency (ushna veerya).
Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Black Cardamom
Ayurveda acharyas explain health benefits of Black cardamom as follows
- Black cardamom pacifies kapha dosha and vata dosha. It increases pitta dosha. When we use this spice the rate of metabolism increases (because it normalises Kapha and increases Pitta).This helps in quick burning of body fat which leads to weight loss.
- Dental health experts opine that people who are obese are more likely to have bad breath. When we chew black cardamom. It not only helps in weight loss but also reduces bad breath.
- In our clinical practice we have noticed that body and joint pain is more in obese people than normal weighted persons. Texts of Ayurveda eulogise the anti-inflammatory properties of black cardamom. Thus black cardamom help to reduce pain when consumed internally and also when applied externally on joints.
- Overweighed men usually encounter erectile dysfunction due to obesity (Check our VAJIKARANA THERAPY FOR OBESE PEOPLE). Black Cardamom acts as a powerful fat burner and helps to reduce excess weight. This helps to gain back the sexual energy and stamina.
- Researches have shown that obesity weakens lungs. Bronchitis is more common in obese people. Badi ilaichi helps to relieve bronchitis and also aids in weight loss.
- Usually obese people are prone to increased blood cholesterol level. Black cardamom helps to lower blood cholesterol. Thus weight loss and low blood cholesterol protect the heart.
- Over weighted person experience problems with digestive system like indigestion, bloating, flatulence and constipation. This spice help to improve these symptoms by its carminative properties.
- Badi ilachi acts as potent diuretic and increases urine output. Through this it removes excess water from body and reduces its weight. It is also useful in cystitis.
- Loss of skin glow and variation in skin texture is very common in obese people. Black cardamom helps to increase the glow of skin from inside and plays a great role in normalisation of skin texture. (Also Check SKINGLOW capsules to increase skin glow)
Keeping the above facts in view our expert doctos at Moolika Ayurveda Have added Black Cardamom or Badi-ilaichi as an ingredient in NILOBESE Ayurvedic Weight loss Tea.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/