Ashoka tree is mainly found in deccan plateau, western ghats, foot hills of Himalayas and in Indian west coast. It is small erect tree with deep green clustered leaves and fragrant flowers. Ayurveda acahryas have coined various Sanskrit name for this tree. It is known as
- Ashoka – sorrow less tree
- Hemapushpa – the tree which has golden coloured flowers
- Tamrapallava – the tender leaves are of copper colour.
Usually the bark, flowers and seeds are used for medicinal purpose.
Ayurveda Acharyas explain the medicinal properties of ashoka as follows.
Why Ashoka is used in PCOS Treatment?
Based on principles of Ayurveda, this plant is light to digest and makes the tissues dry. It tastes bitter and astringent. The herb Ashoka has cold potency. Because of these properties ashoka can be used effectively in female infertility and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) or PCOD (polycystic Ovarian Disease).
- Irregular periods are main symptoms of PCOS. This herb regularises the menstrual cycle and also prevents excess bleeding.
- Controls blood sugar level: The bark of ashoka tree controls blood sugar level and improves insulin sensitivity of cells. This is a very important step in treating the PCOS.
- Its anti-inflammatory property helps to reduce inflammation of pelvic tissues. It reduces lower abdomen cramps which is a common symptom in PCOS.
- It regulates the irregular bleeding which is often seen in patients with PCOS.
- It improves fertility of women by strengthening female reproductive system.
- The herb ashoka stimulates ovarian tissues and regularises ovulation.
- Acne and pimples are very common in PCOS. Internal consumption of this herb prevents eruption of acne and pimple.
- This herb helps to reduce excess medha (body fat) and also acts as diuretic.These properties aid in weight loss.
- Hence the Herb Ashoka is used as main ingredient in UTONORM Capsules ( Utonorm Best Ayurvedic Supplement for female infertility) and PCORID Capsules ( PCORID Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS) to improve female infertility and PCOS.
- Texts of Ayurveda eulogize the benefits of the herb Ashoka in female infertility. Ayurveda acharyas recommend to use this herb along with other herbs like Turmeric, Lodhra, Yasahd Bhasma, Bitter Gourd, Shilajit and Cinnamon. Hence qualified experienced doctors at Moolika Ayurveda have combined ashoka with all these herbs and formulated PCORID CAPSULES which are the best ayurvedic remedy for PCOS.
BUY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PCOS
Have Some queries about health? Ask through our FREE CONSULTATION FORM. We will get back to you within 3 working days